Brief about Municipality:
Narasaraopet Municipality is constituable into year 1915 and now it is upgraded as 1st grade in the year 1980.
The country comprising of the present Guntur was ruled over by great dynasties such as Shatavahanas, Ikshavakus, Chalukyas, Chola, Kakatiyas, Reddies of Kondaveedu. The Place of Narasaraopet was originally known as Atluru and named after the Zamidar, Malraju Venkata Narasimha Rao as Narasaraopet. The town was constituted in to Municipality in the year 1915 and upgrade to first grade Municipality in the year 1980.
Narasaraopet town lies at 160 to 161 North attitude and 800 to 031 East longitude in Guntur District. It is the Head Quarters of the Revenue Division in the district of Guntur and is located at a distances of 48 Kms. West of Guntur. The Guntur town is located in this state of Andhra Pradesh of India.
The area of the town was 7.65 sqmt. having the population 97482 as per 2000 Census and the density of population workout to be 12742 persons are Sqmt.
The municipal area of Narasaraopet town consists of wasted agricultural lands, all around te built up area. The Palnadu road from West, the Sattenapalli road from North, Chilakalutipet, Chirala road from East connect the town. The well divine place kotappakoda is situated 11 km. from town, and became piligram`s place like Srisilam, Tirupathi, there are five degree colleges and one engineering college and in addition and distanced, non distanced schools and colleges maintained by private bodies and thirty Municipal Elementary and High Schools.